Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lemme Sum it up:

July was/is a busy month with all sorts of happenings. Let's review what's gone down, and what we have to look forward to thus far....   
6 weeks pregnutz to 20 weeks

In babies news, my ever growing uterus is becoming quite the comfortable and sizable loft for my two beauties who are doing very well in their 20th week. I am finding myself really out of breath, huffing and puffing, and not too concerned about getting myself dressed or my face painted on for the day. The norm has become throwing on a pair of the Husband's boxers and a sports-bra, washing my face and brushing the teeth (a huge accomplishment lately), and waddling around the house attempting to pick up hard to reach objects off the floor. I have become obsessed with reading blogs and message boards of Moms of Multiples and freak myself out from time to time reading preemie stories and the like. I have discovered that the abundance of estrogen and pregnancy hormones isn't very pleasant without the remedy of wine, to my dismay. I have never wanted a Sangria so badly in my life and will be requesting a pitcher shortly after the delivery of these girls. I have developed more compassion than ever for our turtle Keith, whom I happen to have a lot in common with these days, as we lug around our heavy cargo and often collapse because of the load from time to time. 

Our household has been jam-packed with girls' nights, baking, house remodeling, and Sunday dinners. I am getting use to this whole "girls in the house" idea. I've discovered that little girls require a lot of attention, they like to bake, and they are already in the habit of verbally punking one another in power struggles, with a pleasant smile of course. It's been entertaining watching the little girls in this clan (cousins and friends) interact with one another. So fiesty and strong willed. It will be a big change in dynamics once Adeline and Aisley come this fall and even out the Boy vs. Girl teams here. Sis Princess Mouse Face has been hanging out with Auntie V at the dance studio and perfecting her spins and points. I am so thrilled to see her amazing progress in Ballet and Lyrical. She starts soccer this fall and I will be stoked to cheer her on in mom's ol' sport. (Yes, I live through my children.)



My sweet and stinky sons are becoming quite the helpers these days as they assist dad in getting the house ready for an abundance of children. They are in the middle of being toilet trained-the art of wiping the bathrooms with Clorox wipes and learning how to pee only in the toilet, not on or around it. They have also become very business-minded, capitalizing off the alcoholism of their uncles and Sunday Dinners by collecting beer cans for a profit.  They've been spending their time at the beach, perfecting their surfing, browning their bodies, and diffusing their energy.
 We are looking forward to a productive few weeks as we prepare for school, birthdays, sports, and babies. Stay Tuned...



P.S. : shout out to the Husband for serving me like the large, prolific queen that I am. For the back rubs, burgers, and promptly done Honey-Dos around the house. You are amazing.

 (the Husband did this-paint and clean, what a Stud----------->) 



Love to my best friend/sister Chae (pictured here, with our daughters. We're both knocked up with girls) for your support as we survive these summer months as incubators. I appreciate the coffee, encouragement, and time away with you. Thanks for helping me celebrate year number 29 this month, and for 25 years of fun and craziness being your friend. I can't wait for CABO and VEGAS!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO, MOMS GONE WILD 2015!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your twin baby girls!! I am so excited for you!!! :D :D
    Judi (another mom of twin girls)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute sister !! I like it !!

    ReplyDelete