Sunday, July 8, 2012

I won't give up...

Ok guys, This is a gushy one, but necessary none-the-less:

Life has clearly demonstrated that Marriage is not the fairytale you read about as a kid. It's not like the romantic movies that cause you to get irritated with your significant other because he doesn't "love" you like the guy on The Notebook. Humans are irritating/selfish creatures, and just because you marry one, doesn't mean they will stop with their irritating ways...it's a common issue with the human variety. Marriage was never meant to be easy, or fun. Marriage was meant to change you; to shake you out of your selfishness and cause you to grow; to help you learn the most important lesson you will learn on this earth...how to love.

I used to tell my husband that I loved him. To be honest with you, I didn't...most people don't love eachother...we don't know how. We have to be taught...The definition of love as defined by it's creator states that love is...

  ...patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13.4-7)

So while we may say we love someone, the truth is, it takes a life-time to learn how to truly love, and even then , some may never learn. The Husband and I have been through some hard times together. We have both been selfish in our ways and understanding of how to truly love each other. However, we have not given up. We know we need God's help to learn this lesson. We need God's perspective and Spirit of Truth to teach and guide us. He has shown me in my darkest hour that He won't give up on me...  Day by day we grow.. we learn...we mess us, and try again. We may not demonstrate all the factors that are encompassed in truly loving someone, but we persevere...we keep at it. With him by my side, I can say I will love you. I will choose to learn what that means and apply it to my life with you. Thank you for choosing the same my Turtle-bear.

Thank you for singing to me these words and reminding me when I am sad, that you won't give up on us. I love you...the best I know how, and I will learn to love you more for the rest of my life. You, my beloved, are precious and one-of-a-kind...I may not understand love in it's entirety, but this I know for sure...


I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
 And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts
We got yeah we got a lot at stake
And in the end,
You're still my friend at least we didn't tend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I got, and what I'm not
And who I am
 

BUT I WON'T GIVE UP

No comments:

Post a Comment